Monday, April 12, 2010

Sick for a Day

We rent a room out of this home
Dear Everyone
Hello guess who had changes today. Not Me! Thank you for all your letters and your love. To answer some of your questions about stuff. First, yes I can print letters and stuff. Every week I print off your letters and I am making a scapbook. I figure it will be easier if I do it one week at a time rather than wait until the end and do it all. Also I've downloaded all of my favorite talks from confrence but thank you for sending the talk by Elder Holland--
it's my favorite. So this week has been pretty good. Oh and thanks for the photos. I will spend the next couple of weeks downloading them so I can put them on my MP3 player. On Monday night, our dueƱa fed us sardines and I got sick. We live in a house with a lady and rent the upstairs room and I have a big bed. She cooks breakfast and dinner and I will eat pretty much everything, like last night I ate cow stomach and it wasn't as bad as everyone said it was going to be. It's like eating a thick piece of fat. Anyhow, so around 2:00 in the morning on Tuesday I woke up and went to the bathroom sick. I pretty much spent the rest of the night in the bathroom and for the rest of the day I just slept. So I don't know whether to call it the best day of the mission or the worst. But everything is good now and I am 7 pounds closer to my weight loss goal.

So this week was spent just like any other week, knocking doors and trying to find new investigators. We are working with two amazing familes that I've mentioned. Adrian and Cynthia are supper cool and super humble and have accepted everything we have taught them. This week we are going to invite them to be baptized. The only challenge right now is that they need to come to church with us. Adrian has had to work the past several Sundays and Cynthia doesn’t want to go unless the whole family goes. The other family we are working with is Adrul and Jansie. They have 4 kids and are a super awesome family. Jansie really wants the gospel in her family and especially for her 15 year old son. So we are working with theses two amazing families and since I got at least 6 more weeks here we will see what happens.

So I'd like to share a spiritual experience will you all. Monday morning of last week I woke up with some thoughts in my head that I didn’t want to have. These thoughts remained with me for most of the morning and I couldn’t get rid of them. Then we went to Heredia for lunch. (Heredia is the capital of San Rafael). We were on the bus and these thoughts were driving me crazy. Then I remembered that if you have bad thoughts, you can sing a hymn to get rid of them. Instantley the song, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" popped into my head and instantly the thoughts left and didn’t come back. I kept this song in my head for the rest of the day. So yah, this week has been pretty good and I'm excited to work this week. I love you all.
Love Elder Smith
P.S. Super awesome to here about Brian Naylor's mission call. Tell him good luck for me.