Monday, April 5, 2010

General Conference Weekend!

Dear Everyone!! First I want to say I LOVE GERERAL CONFERENCE!!!!! It was way awesome and at the end I was like, "Wait I want more". It's the first time in my life that I've actually wanted to sit and watch conference all day long. All the sessions were amazing and Elder Holland did it again and delivered an amazing talk and he chopped some head too (that's a phrase we use in the mission). Also we brought one of our investigators, Adrian, to the Saturday afternoon session. He is really awesome. We are teaching him and his wife and they are progressing along nicely. Also we are teaching another really awesome family. Adrul and Jansie and their 4 kids. They are really really awesome and one of their kids looks like Opie from The Andy Griffeth Show.
So this week was Semana Santa or Holy Week in English and so the whole Catholic religion went crazy with all their parades and stuff. I saw a little news clip that talked about what other countries are doing for Semana Santa. There were these parades and guys were walking down the street whipping themselves. I remember watching the Divinci Code with that one guy who was whipping himself. I thought that was just Hollywood going over the top again--I didn't think that people actually did that kind of stuff. (Can you say Apostasy)
So this weekend was really awesome. On Friday, we went to a country club with my zone and another zone and we played soccer and basketball all day. It was tons of fun and I got really sunburnt. Then on Saturday and Sunday, I watched and loved general conference. I am actually downloading my favorite talks right now so I can listen to them over and over and over again. I can't believe we have to wait another six months to have conference again.
Honestly, I've found that missionary work is not that hard. Its easy to get up in the morning and do studying and then share the gospel all day. Sometimes I get tired but it's never too bad. I'm not even worried about the language anymore 'cause I'm learning more and more everyday and I can understand a whole lot better.
I don't really have a lot to write about for this week because it was Holy Week and all the people were vacationing. Its like spring break for them. So hopefully lots of good stuff will happen this week. I love you all and hope that you have and awesome week! Love Elder Smith