Monday, January 24, 2011

Crazy Week

Dear Family,
Well sorry I didn't write last week. We went to the temple and I didn't have time to write afterwards. So the past couple of weeks have been really good. The Sunday before last the bishop asked my companion and me to share a little message during sacrament meeting because one of the speakers didn't show up. So as an on the spot talk, I just shared a scripture 2 Nephi 32:3 and talked about the importance of feasting on the words of Christ. Then this Sunday we had a gringo come to our ward because he is here on business and I had to translate the entire meeting to him. It was super hard, but fun!
So this week we are probably going to have one baptism. We have been teaching Isabel for a long time and she knows a lot about the gospel and she knows that it is true--she just always gives us an excuse to not do it. Now we are just waiting for her daughter to get back from Honduras and then we can bapize her. Also, we are teaching this guy Gustavo whose "wife" is a member of the church. The only thing he has to do to get baptized is get divorced and then get officially married to this member. We are also contacting a lot of people and we have a few new investigators that we are teaching.
Okay, also this week, I was accused of stealing and it was crazy. So Monday and Tuesday I was in Hatillos with Elder Garcia so I could do a baptismal interview of a girl that the Elders there baptized this week. So Elder Garcia´s companion is Elder Galloway who is from Utah. Well Elder Galloway told me that he hides money in his deoderant stick. Well I thought that was kinda cool, so when I was on divisions with Elder Garcia, while at the apartment, I was curious enough and looked in his deoderant and sure enough, there was like 150 bucks. I think that Elder Garcia saw me do it too. Well Thursday morning I get calls from both Galloway and the ZL´s and they were freaking out asking me what happened to 50 bucks that Elder Galloway couldn't find. So I went with Elder Norr all the way back to Hatillos and we stripped the Elder's house apart for 5 hours to help look for the money -- 50 bucks is a lot to lose plus I was accused of taking the money even though I had my suspicions of how it really disappeared. We checked everything and after 5 hours, we gave up and went home. Well that night I get a call from Galloway saying that he found his money in his backpack . . . the funny thing was that Norr and I both checked his backpack twice. At least the money was returned by whomever took it even though no one fessed up to it. Lesson learned (hopefully by all) about honesty and trust.
So yeah, next week we have changes and I could possibly have changes, so the next time I write you, I might be in a different area.
Elder Smith
p.s. BTW I was able to buy a new camera this week and can now take photos -- will upload some new ones next week :) (Thanks Mom and Dad!)