Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Changes and now a Zone Leader

Elder Gomez, Isabel, and Elder Smith (me!)
Monday, January 31, 2011:

Dear Family,
Well I received a call this morning from the ZL´s and I have changes. This is probably the only thing that I don't like about the mission because I love the people here in Pavas and I am going to miss Elder Gomez. So Saturday, we baptized Isabel and it was super awesome!!! She is such an amazing lady and even though it took her a little bit longer to make the decision to get baptized she is really awesome and has a strong testimony of the gospel. Well, I have packed everything up and I am going to spend today and tomorrow saying good-bye to everyone. I will write you more on Wednesday when I am in my new area with my new companion. I sure hope I get a Gringo or another Mexican!!!!!! Love Elder Smith

Then, on Wednesday, February 2, 2011:

Dear Family,
Hey so I am in my new area now which is Pococi. I am also the new Zone Leader here in the Zona Atlantica. Finally I am outside of the city and into the country. I am about two hours outside of San Jose and so I took a two hour bus ride through the mountains and it was beautiful and green. I am about two hours away from the ocean and so we are going to go there for a P-day maybe. Finally after 14 months I am outside of the city and into the tropical parts of Costa Rica. It is very humid here and I am sweating as we speak . . . also it is going to rain a lot and so I am glad that I still have my umbrella. Well I am excited to be Zone Leader and tomorrow we have to go back to San Jose for Zone Council and that should be fun. Well I don't have too much time to write, but I love you all and I will hopefully have some cool pictures to put up soon. Love Elder Smith


Temple Trip! Me and Jairo Hernandez he is the Secratary of State for Costa Rica!