Monday, September 13, 2010

Never Chug a Gallon of Milk on an Empty Stomach

Dear Everyone,
Hey I hope you all had an awesome week. Thank you very much for all the emails--I hope I got all of them. So this week has been pretty good. We´ve been trying to find new people to teach every day which means knocking door. But it's not so bad especially when you have a super awesome companion. Yes, we are having tons of fun together and I love every day. When we are walking, we joke and laugh a lot. On Saturday which was Patriot Day, can't believe its been 9 years since 9/11, we spent like 4 hours talking about how great America is and all the things that are there that aren´t here. haha! Also since it was a holiday we bought pizza, which is super expensive here.
We currently have three new baptismal goals with investigators. The first is with German and he is super awesome. He is reading the Book of Mormon and he really wants to change his life around. His mother told us about how he is a lot kinder now. We also set a goal with Mariano, who is the boyfriend of a member. He is a little timid and it's hard to get him to pray at the end of lesson, but he´s reading and saying his personal prayers. Then we have Flory, who is the girlfriend of a member. They are getting married on the 25th and then she is going to be baptized on the 26th.
Also we got a reference from a recent convert. His name is Julian we had a really awesome lesson with him yesterday. So today I hit 300 days in the mission. Only 65 till I hit the year mark. This has been the fastest year of my entire life and from what everyone tells me, the second year goes by even faster. Tengo que aprovechar el tiempo entonces.
I've been working out every day with Elder King. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays we do weights. On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday we go running and then we do the p90x ab ripper--try it 'cause its hard. We have gotten to the point where we can to all the moves--we just have to take breaks in between.
Today we had a fun P-day activity. We went with a couple of other Elders from my district to the park. Before we went, we went to a store and each bought a gallon of milk. Yep, that's right--we did the "gallon challenge" and let's just say that a lot of people threw up. Haha it was so funny. I started drinking really fast and I was the first to puke. Haha it was funny and right now I smell a little bit like milk. Well I hope you all have a good week and I love you all! Elder Smith