Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sementa Santa Week

Dear Family,
Well this past week was super crazy with Semana Santa, which is basically the Latino version of Spring Break, but worse. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday everything (and I mean everything) was closed. . .there were no buses running and everyone went to the beach or rivers. So we had P-day on Friday and we basically spent the weekend at a member's house because like nobody was home to visit or proselyte to!
So Elder Vazquez had changes this week which is too bad,  because he was really cool. But I have a new companion. His name is Elder Martinez and he is from El Salvador. He was actually my ZL when I was in Pavas which is interesting because since becoming a ZL, all of my companions have been my former zone leaders. Also I only have 5 more changes left which is pretty crazy because changes pass by super super fast!!
Well I don't really have that much to write because this week not too much happened.
Nick, I hope you are getting ready to start your mission. It really is going to be an awesome experience. What I love the most is getting to meet tons of new people. I have made so many friends in the last 17 months. Also don't worry if you are nervous because I was so nervous when I first started the mission. Spencer learn how to brush your teeth!!!!!!!! Julia you too!!! and I'm glad you finally know what it's like when nature really calls and there are no public facilities! Landon you just have to last a few more weeks and then it will be summer vacation! Mom and Dad have fun with your new stake assignment . . . Also, when I get home I don't want to go to a Singles Ward!
Well I'm excited that I get to call you guys in a couple weeks. I'm going to talk to President tomorrow or sometime this week to get everything all planned out.
Well I love you all and I hope you have an awesome week!!!!
Love Elder Smith
p.s. Oh, and make sure to tell Nana K. Happy Birthday yesterday from me!!!!!