Monday, May 2, 2011

It's May . . . only 6 more months!

Dear Everyone,
So you all have heard the news of Osama bin Laden. I was at a member's house last night and it came on the news! So I'd have to say that was the highlight of my week! Not too much has happened since the last time I wrote you. Thursday we had zone council with President and all the Zone Leaders. It wasn't too much fun because as a mission we did horrible this month. We only baptized 99 people and that's the lowest we have had in a long time so President kinda chopped our heads off (term we use as missionaries here) The good thing was Hermana Galvez made us these really sick hamburgers and I think they were the best ones I've have in 17 and a half months!! Also we watched a really cool talk that Elder Holland gave in January to the missionaries in the MTC. Nick you are going to be in the MTC for 3 months so I'm sure that some Apostles will visit while your there. Also Nick one thing I would suggest is that you take a voice recorder or a recording device so that you can record talks and lessons in your mission. That is something that I wish I would have done because I have heard some pretty amazing talks. Also I will think of some advice that I can give you this week and will share it with you when I call home. So about calling home this week. Well I can't call Sunday morning because I have church in the morning so maybe I could call in the evening or Monday evening. What I'm going to do is buy a international calling card so that I can quickly call you guys like Saturday in the morning and we can plan it all out.
So today we had a fun activity. A member took us up the mountain and we went hiking and it was pretty fun. This past week has been super super super hot, but today it rained a little bit and so it was a lot cooler. It was really jungely and it was really cool. I tood some pictures that I will upload right now. Well finally we are in May and I will be completing 18 months in the mission. It's hard to believe that I only have 6 months left and I'm sure that it is going to go by super fast.
So my new companion Elder Martinez is cool! We are working to find new investigators and help out our zone complete the goal we have. This week we have interviews with President, but this time he is going to come to all our houses, so that should be interesting.
Also about the shoulder bag. I actually don't have it anymore because I gave it to a missionary whose backpack broke, but in the MTC store they have really good bags and they are pretty cheap, so Nick could get one there. Well So I hope you all have a good week. Love you all and I cant wait to talk to you all for the last time in the mission!!!!
Love Elder Anthony Smith