Thursday, June 9, 2011

New Branch Presidento

Saying Good-bye in Pococi
Dear Family,
Hey sorry I didn't write you yesterday, but I had to take a 6 hour bus ride and I didn't get home until 10:30 p.m. So I had changes and my new area is San Vito, which is in the Zona Sur right next to Panama. So any chances of seeing Julia in the next week are gone because I am super far away . . . so she will just have to wait 5 and a half months just like the rest of you to see me. Well my new companion is named Elder Cope and guess what? He is from Spanish Fork Utah. Yay!!!!! I have a Gringo Companion again which is the best. He has 5 months in the mission, the time that I lack haha! but his Spanish is really good. Well I am also district leader and there are 4 sisters in my district. This is the first time that I will be in charge of sister missionaries so it will be very interesting. 
Also the most suprising and overwhelming change is that San Vito is a rama (branch) and there is no branch president so guess who is the branch president.....ME!!!!!!!! I have no idea how to be a branch president and so it is going to be a very interesting learning expirience. So basically this is going to be the busiest last few months of my mission and President Galvez knows me better than I thought he did cause without this responsibility, I would probably get lazy and trunky!!
I am going to miss Pococi a ton!!! I love the people there and I made some amazing friends so I will definitely be visiting there!
This is going to be a short letter cause there are a bunch of things that I need to do right now, but I love you all and I can't wait to see you in November. I am uploading some pics right now! Love Elder Smith