Monday, December 14, 2009

MTC: Week #4


This week has gone by really, really FAST! I'm still learning lots of Spanish and I've been doing lots of conjugation and stuff like that. On Tuesday a member of the Seventy came and spoke to us. His name is Elder Costa and it was a very awesome devotional. He shared his conversion story--it was really amazing. On Wednesday, Elder Duncan and I "practice" taught a guy the second lesson. It’s about the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement. We did a really good job and at one point in the lesson, Elder Duncan almost started crying. On Sunday, the BYU Men's Choir sang Christmas songs for us. It was really awesome and I liked it cause in the MTC they don't let you listen to music. I have to either sing it myself, listen to music in my head, or when I get on the computer to use the language program, then I get on the LDS.org website and listen to music. After the Men's choir sang we got to watch the Joseph Smith movie again. It is really awesome and I've cried every time that I’ve watch it here.
Mom, you asked me to tell you stuff that I learned at church and share it to you like we do on Sundays at the dinner table. Well, this week I've learned a lot about Jesus Christ. I finished reading Jesus the Christ and it is an amazing book, I think I'm going to read it again. Also last Sunday we watched The Testament movie and I like how it is all about the Resurrected Christ’s visit to the people of the Book of Mormon. I've been teaching about the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement this week--the second lesson from Preach My Gospel is about the Atonement and I'm looking forward to teaching it to people. I wish I could talk more about what I've learned but I only have 4 minutes left to email. So I love you all and I'm thankful for all the letters and packages you have sent me. I love to read what everyone has been doing at home. Also before I forget I can’t call home on Christmas so I'll just write letters. Love Elder Anthony Smith