Monday, December 28, 2009

MTC: Week #6


Hello!!! Sorry but this is going to be a short email. The computer that I am on is being retarded. Also I am helping to clean the temple this afternoon so I have a lot of stuff I have to do right now. First, Happy 20th Anniversary Mom and Dad!!! Hopefully you see this today. I am also going to be sending some letters home today or tomorrow and they will have a lot more detail about what went on during Christmas. I don't have enough time to email it so maybe you can forward it to everyone. So this week has gone by really fast. I only have 3 more weeks left in this place. Hurray!!!
Hopefully in the next week or so I will get my travel plans so I can tell you for sure when I leave. I'll share a little bit about what happened on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. On Chirstmas Eve, we had a fireside at night and Sister Elizabeth Smart played a song on the harp. It was very good. Also an Elder (name?) played a song on the bagpipes. I think it's called Highland Cathedral. It's a way good song! After that I had a slumber party with my district. We put all our mattresses into a room and partied. Haha it was fun!!!!
Christmas morning I opened my presents. Thank you for all the goodies. Then we went to a morning devotional and Elder L. Tom Perry spoke about the life of Christ. It was very good. We had a really big Christmas lunch of turkey, potatoes, veggies, and stuffing. Boy was it good! In the afternoon, we went to the Christmas talent show. In my letter to you I have more detail on all the talents shared. In the evening, we ate sack dinners and then went to another fireside. Greg Olsen, who is an artist and had painted a lot of pictures of Christ came and spoke to us. It was really cool and he told some stories behind the pictures he has painted. It was a really cool Chistmas!!!! I really wish I could have spent it with you all but oh well--I only have one more Christmas left on my mission. I love you all and stay safe!!!! Love Elder Anthony Smith

P.S. Write more letters, even if it is only one sentence!
P.P.S I want to share one more thing. Since coming to the MTC I haven't really eaten all that much during meals. I eat a lot but not as much as I did at home. Well yesterday I broke down and had 5 serving of Chicken Cordon Blu with rice and veggies. Haha my district went wild after I ate it all. I also had a bowl of ice cream and cake. So now I'm only going to eat salad for the rest of my stay here.