Monday, March 29, 2010

First Baptism!


My second Companion, Elder Benitez (from El Salvador), the Perez family, and Me!
Before Baptismal Service: 10 yr old Maria Perez, with her family and Elder Smith
Hello Everyone

GUESS WHO HAD A BAPTISM, GUESS WHO HAD A BAPTISM, GUESS WHO HAD A BAPTISM, ON SATURDAY!!! THIS WEEK IS GONNA ROCK, THIS WEEK IS GONNA ROCK, THIS WEEK IS GONNA ROCK, IM SO EXCITED!
So I had a baptism on Saturday. It was fetching awesome. It was the baptism of Maria Daniela Madrigal Perez. She is a 10 year old member of the church. Her parents have been members for 10 years and she got baptized when she was 8 but her membership records got lost somehow so we had to redo the baptism. It was still way cool and it is the first baptism that I performed as a missionary. Hurray!!
This coming weekend is going to fetching rock. We don't have p-day today we just get to email because its Holy Week this week. So Friday is our p-day and we are having a zone activity. We are going to a country club and hanging out all day and playing sports and eating food. Hurray. On Saturday and Sunday, we get to go to our Stake Center in Alejula to watch all the sessions of General Conference. Its going to rock 'cause I can watch it in English. So basically I have a 4 day vacation this week and it's totally going to rock.
I got grandma and grandpas package this week cause we had zone conference. Thank you very much for the candy. Haha! The chocholate covered easter eggs and peanut butter M&Ms were my favorite. So for the rest of my letter I want to comment on your letters of last week. First Mom. honestly I dont know how much shirts and weights are gonna cost probably a bunch so if ya just wanna drop a big sum of money in there that would be great. Also, thank you for all the photos I put them on my MP3 player so I can look at them. Please upload a lot more inculding the ones that we took the day before I left.
*Nick - Glad to hear that you're a ladies man! I'd go for . . . cause she is way hot!!! Also glad to hear about soccer and jr. jazz--keep having fun. Have fun going to BYU.
*Spencer - Keep up the good work in lacrosse, just keep working on getting in shape and becoming a better player and by the time your a seinor you will be an All American. Also, I will be home by then. Are you guys going to any more tournoments?
*Julia - I LOVE A Walk To Remember (I remember crying at the end). I went on divisions with Elder Lee this week (It was an overnighter divisions at my house so that rocked) and we were talking about chick flicks and A Walk to Remember. Haha! We were singing that one song from the movie. Good job in soccer and church basketball. Thats cool that you took first place!!! Hopefully when you come to Costa Rica I will be able to be in a place that's close to where you are so I can vist you (shhhh don't tell anyone) Send me an itinerary.
*Landon - Your pinewood derby car looks way cool and I heard that it did really good. Keep having fun in school--you only got 2 months left till summer.
*Dad - Your family history booth looked way cool!
Well I love you all and hope you have an awesome week. Love Elder Smith