Monday, March 15, 2010

First week in San Rafeal

Hello Everyone! To start, I have a new email address. The Church updated the system and now the emails are run through Gmail. Also, that's way cool that Riley got his mission call and also the others from our stake. Keep telling me where people go. Haha, it's fun to see the dates when people leave because when they are about to start their mission, I will have been on the mission for 6, 7, or 8 months. So this week has been really long. This week I got a cold, had bed bugs and got lots of bites on my arms and legs, and I saw my first "Brown Bottle" Haha! (Don't google image that.)
So last Monday and Tuesday, not much happened that's worth writing about. Wednesday was a really good day. We had interviews with President Galvez. The zone met in a chapel for the interviews and training. The zone is pretty much the same as last change but there are a few new people. I have a new district leader, Elder Lee. He was a AP when I got here and is now my District leader and a trainer. He is way cool. Also Elder Sorensen is in my district. He played football for BYU and was in the same MTC district as Michael Evans who is in New York. He is way cool too. Also Elder King is still in my Zone. I don't know if I've mentioned him before but he is probably the funniest person I have ever met. I laugh at everything that comes out of his mouth. We also have Sister Missionaries in our zone now. No me gusta las hermanas. Haha lo siento mom.
Thursday was a good day too. We got a lot of refrences from the branch presidents wife and also had a lesson with one of the families we are teaching. The focus of the Costa Rica mission is baptizing familes so we contact every family that we see and right now we have about 4 familes that we are teaching. I will write more about them next week. Friday I didn't write in my journal 'cause I was shaving my arms and legs so I forgot what happened. Haha! Everyday is pretty much the same so if I don't write down what happened, then I forget.
Saturday was an awesome day. I went on divisions with Elder Lee in the morning so we could go to Santo Domingo and get keys for our chuch in San Rafael. Elder Lee and his comp. have a baptism and their church is being renovated so they had to use ours. It was nice to get a few hours to talk to a gringo. Then in the afternoon Elder Williams, who is one of our zone leaders and Elder Rojas, one of the APs came, to Santo Rafael to go on divisions with us and see how the area is doing. I went with Elder Willams who is from Nevada and we contacted people for a few hours. Then we went to the baptism of Natalia. It was way freaking awesome. She is about 23 years old and her boyfriend flew in from the States to do the baptism. Also he played an arrangement of "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" on the piano and it was way awesome. It was an awesome service!
Sunday I went to church and we visited some less active members. Today, Monday, I finally got to eat at Wendys. Its been a long 4 months and eating that Biggie Sized Baconator with fries, a ginger ale and a frosty was pretty much one of the most memorable moments of my life and also I realize why I was so fat! I Love you all, stay safe and send pictures of what you have been doing! Love Elder Smith!P.S. Nick, Spencer, Julia and Landon need to write me or I won't write home next week. Haha! Just Kidding!