Monday, March 22, 2010

Four Month Mark


Hello Everyone, This week has gone by suprisingly fast. This week we had to drop a bunch of investigators cause they weren't progressing. It too bad because we get a ton of new investigators but they only stick around for maybe one or two lessons and then their done. So the hardest thing is making them commit. Öh well. Here's what I did this past week:
Monday we went to the mall and I realized that there are only 3 things that I really want to buy. Soccer Jerseys for the two teams here, Saprissa and Liga and dumbells so if you want to put money in my bank account I can buy those things. Other than that I don't really want to buy any soveniers. The only thing that I have been buying are ties. They got some cool ties in costa rica and they are super cheap like $2 a tie.
Tuesday we had district meeting. The Elders in my district are way cool. Also, every Tuesday we have lunch with the branch president, President Sanchez and his family. They are pretty cool.
Wednesday was St. Patricks day and Grandma Smiths Birthday and we spent most of the day working with less actives.
Thursday we knocked doors all day.
Friday we found an awesome family while knocking doors. Adrian and Cynthina. They are super humble, they don't attend any church and they really liked our lesson. We are going back this week for lesson 2 and hopefully they stick with us.
Saturday our district went to Santo Domingo to help the sister missionaries. I went with Elder Lee and we worked for a couple hours.
Sunday I went to church and after church we had an open house kind of a thing. Some familes were assigned to teach different parts of the plan of salvation but a couple families didn't show up so my comp and I had to teach. I taught about the spirit world and my comp did the rest. After that meeting, we ate dinner with a member family who are from Arizona. They are super cool!
Thanks for putting up the pictures everyone looks really good. I love you all and can't wait to see you in 20 months. Yes this past week I hit 4 months. Hurray!!!! Love Elder Smith