Monday, August 16, 2010

Transferred to San Jose Area

I am so excited!!!!! Today was transfers and I had transfers. My new companion is Elder King!!!!!! Yes I finally have a Gringo Comp. and he is super awesome. He was in my zone for a couple of changes and he is probably one of the funniest people I have ever met in my entire life!!! Oh he is from Wyoming and hits 20 months in the mission tomorrow. In 2 days I will hit nine months, that is really cool. It was really hard to leave my last area though. On Saturday we had the baptism of Ticxie, her dad baptized her and I confirmed her on Sunday. Their next goal as a family is to get sealed in the temple. They are a super cool family and I'm going to miss them a ton.
Sunday was my last day in San Rafael and it was kind of sad. In sacrament meeting I gave a talk on "Enduring to the End" and it was my first talk in the Mission and the first in Spanish. It went pretty good and a lot of members told me I did a good job. After church we had the baptism of Sophia and Oscer. They weren't going to be baptized until the 28th, but Sophia is really good friends with a member family in Heredia and one of their daughters leaves on the mission this week and so Sophia wanted to do it before. It was super cool and I did the confirmation of Oscer and it was really cool to be able to see them get baptized. Well after church I spent the rest of the day saying good-bye to people and it was really sad, I think I almost started crying like 5 different times.
Well I love you all and we´re gonna see how my first week goes with Elder King. I imagine its going to be awesome!!! Love Elder Smith