Monday, November 8, 2010

I Am Now a Father!

Me with Pablo -- He got baptized!

Elder Norr performed Pablo's baptism

Dear Everyone,
I hope all is well and I hope you all had and awesome week! Well this week has been super busy with moving and everything. We had to do a ton of stuff and we didn't actually move in to our new apartment until last night. So today was the "changes" meeting and I have my new companion. I am training Elder Gomez from Mexico. It's going to be so much fun training and Elder Gomez seems like a really cool guy and is ready to get to work. So I will be working in Pavas and my old companion will be in Bri Bri. We will be living in the same house as him and his new companion, Elder Norr (who is a Star Wars freak).  As the missionary's mom, let me just clarify Elder Smith's subject title . . . "He's fathering a greenie or baby elder . . . just want to make sure we're all clear on that  . . . "
Yesterday, I also did divisions with Elder Sangster after we got everything moved over to our new apartment and the first thing we had to do was go to the telephone company to ask for them to put a telephone line in our house because right now we don't have one. Well, we waited for like an hour and it was really cool how we can now do business deals and things like that speaking Spanish, because when I got here I could only say, "Yo sé que la iglesia es verdad" in a really thick gringo accent. So it's really cool to see how much we have both progressed in the language. We have to wait for about 5 days before they can put our telephone line in so that means I will be spending my nights on a pay phone for the next week. 
After that got worked out, Elder Sangster and I went visiting -- it was lots of fun. We visited Pablo and he really wants to get baptized, but he´s also a little nervous so he is still thinking about it, but we told him that we are going to have a baptismal service on Saturday and if he feels ready we´ll do it and if he doesnt we´ll wait. We also visited Jose and Mauren and the family and they all want to get baptized too. The problem is with Mauren's work, she won't be able to come to church every Sunday, but if she comes to church this Sunday we are going to have the baptism next Wednesday!
The work is going really well and I am excited that in a week I will have a year in the mission and then it's downhill from there. That means we all only have one more year to get our 6 packs and Spencer, you only have one more year left to sleep in my room. Speaking of 6 packs I have started my new diet--oatmeal! I eat it everyday for breakfast and then for dinner I eat something small because usually the members give us food. I still have not recieve my package and so I´m going to be calling the office a lot so that I can know when it comes and then I can go there and pick it up. Other than that everything is good and I am excited for this new "change"!
Love you all!!!!!!!! Elder Smith