Monday, January 4, 2010

MTC: Week #7

I hope you all are having a Happy New Year. I can tell you that I don't like writing 2010 on stuff. Last Monday was a pretty chill P-day. I did my laundry, emailed you and ate food. Then my district and I helped clean the temple. We cleaned lockers for 4 hours. It got pretty boring but it was still a good experience.
Tuesday I went to a Large Group Meeting (We go to one every Tuesday). We talked about the importance of bringing investigators to church and how they need to keep their commitment. It was a pretty good meeting. Then Elder Duncan and I went to a Teaching Evaluation appointment (TE). We also got help with our task for this week. Every Wednesday we have a different task. This week it was buying clothes in Spanish. After the task we teach a lesson. The lesson this week was Lesson One in Spanish. In the evening, Allen F. Parker, son of Boyd K. Paker spoke to us. He talked a lot about faith and how missionaries and investigators need faith.
Wednesday I was supposed to go to the TRC and do our task and lesson but none of the volenteer investigators showed up so Elder Duncan and I taught Elder Lafrance and Holbrook. In the Afternoon, Elder Duncan and I taught Hermano Fernandez in a TE appointment. We taught him a little bit from the first lesson. We focused on how God is our Heavenly Father and how we are His children. Also how families are very important. That night we had a substitute teacher because our regular teacher was gone for the new year. The subs name is Hermano Jimenez. He is awesome and every time he teaches us I get excited to learn Spanish.
Thursday was New Year's Eve and instead of celebrating it at midnight we celebrated it at 10:00pm. We just pretended we were in the East Coast. Haha! On Thursday I did a lot of studying and also read a lot from the Book of Mormon. I'm in Ether. We also learned about the Subjunctive: Noun Clause form of verbs. I cant wait to come home and speak Spanish all the time and drive you all crazy. Haha!!!
Friday was a really good day. I finished reading the Book of Mormon. I started it when I got here and finished it on Friday. Hermano Jimenaz was our sub again and he taught us the importance of Preach my Gospel and Planning. It was an awesome lesson.
Saturday was a really long day. Our class was supposed to have a sub in the morning but no one showed up and so we just had personal study for 4 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon. I kinda liked it though cause I have a lot to study. Also, I finally had gym on Saturday. On Thursday and Friday we didn't have gym for some reason so I was really excited. I played volleyball and dominated the court. Haha! Its really fun and actually there are some really good volley ball players here and so it makes it a lot more fun.
Sunday was Fast Sunday so I didn't eat until 5:20. For dinner I had ham, potates, rolls and veggies. I won't tell you how much I ate. I'll just let you imagine that I ate as much as a normal person would. Haha!!! Its all good cause I'm going to be walking and sweating for the next couple years. Sundays are my favorite days of the week. They are really chill and I just study all day and go to sacrement meeting. In the evening I went to a devotional and President Willam ? spoke. I saw Jacob Thompson--He was in my grade and is going to Wisconsin and Jordon Groff ( Nick will know him) and he is going to The West Indies. They both came on Wednesday. I love you all and Stay safe. Also write more Haha! Love Elder Smith