Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Bro!

Making Calls
Hi All,
This week has been good and has passed by super fast. Last Wedenesday, the zone had a capacitation with President and Hermana Galvez. They explained about some new things the mission is trying to implement to find more and better investigators. One example is that we are now challenging people to be baptized when we contact them. At first it was a little ackward but it is a really effective way to find the golden investigators and to find those who are ready to hear the gospel. On Friday and Saturday I was in Cariari doing divistions with Elder Bernuy and Elder Gutierrez and my companion went to Puerto Limon. We went to conduct baptism invertiews in both areas. It's kinda funny because Elder Bernuy was my district leader when I was in Heredia and now I am his zone leader, but he is super cool and is almost done with his mission. It's kind of sad because all my friends in the mission are now either gone or about to leave and there are a whole bunch of new missionaries who I don't know so I'm going to have to get to know the newer missionaries.
In Cariari I did the interview for a man, Kendall, who was able to get married and then baptized. The interview was really good and he actually answered most of the questions without any help which was really cool. I also got to stay for the wedding and the baptism. He married a lady who is a member of the church and has 9 kids. The wedding was really long because the lawyer talked forever and ever, but Kendall's baptism was really cool and all the people who came for the wedding ended up staying for the baptism and several of them aren't members. I will post pictures of both events.
I really like my new area! It is hot and sunny (unless it rains) and I'm staring to get a tan again. Also the peolple are really awesome members and investigators. We are teaching a lady named Alejandra who is going to get baptized in March after she gets married to her boyfriend who we have reactivated. She is ready to get baptized. . . she just has to get married. We are going to work hard for the next two weeks finding new investigators who we hope will prepare to be baptized in the months of March and April.
Going to the temple today was really awesome and I saw some members from my passed areas so that was cool!!! Mom if you send a package soon could you please send some sunblock, its super expensive here, but not too high spf. Also could you send some double stuffed oreos, original please, my companion loves oreos and has never tried the double stuff . . . also those p90x vids would be supper awesome!!! Love you all and I hope Spencer had an awesome birthday!!! Have fun driving and dating!!!!
Love Elder Smith